Tuesday, December 16, 2014

9 Months

Here's a precious little update! Baby Perrine WILL BE HERE THIS MONTH because our doctor is going on vacation New Years Day. I've only seen this one doctor my whole pregnancy and she delivers all of her own patients-which is pretty awesome if you ask me. He will be here in 16 days or less! WHAT IS HAPPENING. Surreal. Went to the doctor last Thursday and he is head down ready to launch just NO dilation or effacement :( Praying I'm dilated just a teeeeeeensy bit this Thursday. At 37.5 weeks he's getting big fast and my body is starting to feel heavy and uncomfortable, but I'll take it. So thankful.


Although Brilynn has been exhausting and daily tasks are becoming more like mountain climbs, this pregnancy as a whole has been amazing. I've been eating my whole food "diet", taking my JuicePlus, cycling, and doing my sunrise yoga. I've had so much energy and have been sleeping so well up until this point. My skin and complexion have been extremely clear as well, last pregnancy, not so much.


You'd think I would be more prepared this time around since I kinda know what to expect buuuuut that isn't the case at all. His nursery is still a guest room, his dresser is still in his sisters room, I have read zero baby books, and no hospital bags are packed. I will pack a bag this week so I feel a little bit more prepared.... hey, at least he has the essentials: diapers, an outfit, blanket, somewhere to sleep and a car seat. Winning.


Brilynn is beyond excited to be a big sister. It warms my heart to the core to see how in love she is with her brother already. She kisses him, hugs him, talks about him constantly and always includes him. She now calls our "Mommy-Daughter Dates"->"Mommy-Daughter-Jameson Dates" hehe. We went on a hospital tour Sunday just to figure out where the heck we are going in this town to give birth and she loved every minute getting to be involved. Mommy on the other hand, had a little anxiety thinking about doing it all over again. Daddy is just glad he knows where to park the car haha.


Brilynn asked me the ever so dreaded question every parent stumbles to answer, "Mom, how did baby Jameson get in your tummy?"

"Well my dear precious child, God put him there."
"How did He do that?"
"It's a miracle and God answered mommy and daddy's prayers."
"Well did you pray for me to be a child?"
"Yes I did."
"Oh, okay. Did you swallow baby Jameson in your mouth?"
"No, he just started growing from a tiny tiny little baby in mommy's tummy because God wanted him to be in our lives."
"Mom, did you know that Jesus is the newborn King?"
Whew, FINALLY A SUBJECT CHANGE


I survived.


My amazing in-laws are planning to be here when he arrives so that we will have someone here at the house for Bri to love and kiss on her. I'm wanting and stressing that everything will remain "normal" while we go to the hospital without her. We even have a gift ready for her from her brother so she feels included in the whole ordeal. I've been making a point to explain in great detail to her what babies need. I have also been showing her pictures of when she was a newborn so she knows and will remember she was once the same size as her brother. I know she is going to be a big helper and I'm praying the transition will be smooth and painless.


I'm working on a post of all the natural products and things I've been using this pregnancy and am writing reviews :) Stay tuned.


I also have to share Brilynn's prayer before bed tonight "Dear Jesus, thank you for our food. Thank you for the peace and the blood in our bodies. Amen."


xoxo GG

No comments:

Post a Comment